DoomShare Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DoomShare is so depressing it will make you want to kill yourself. Visit the DoomShare clan page at... http://users.zoominternet.net/~doomshare

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cm100

cm100

FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes Empty
PostSubject: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:10 pm

I casually smoke Djarum Super's... it's a clove cigarette. It's one of the only cigarettes I actually enjoy the flavor of when I smoke. I'm not a chain smoker like many, and actually enjoy a casual smoke with these.

Needless to say... the FDA banned cigars & flavored cigarette sales in the U.S.

So no more Djarum's, black & mild's, etc.

I'm pissed but what do you think? For or against the ban?
Back to top Go down
http://users.zoominternet.net/~doomshare
ELFRACER

ELFRACER

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:03 pm

Again Things should come down to personal choice not dictated by a group of people

..... AKA GOVERNMENT.....

If you want to smoke Cigars, Weed, Crack, and anything else you can think of,

you should be aloud to make a personal choice.... This all goes back to safety,

you want others to pass these laws to help protect your kids. Hey here's an "IDEA" Idea

Teach your own fucking kids not to do that kind of stuff and if when they are old enough

to make their own choice so what that is their freedom. and you should have the freedom

to kick their asses if the disobey in your home! I mean you are an Adult you

should know by now what you should and should not do and what what is just plain bad for you.

Do you need some other ASSHOLE to tell you hey smoking that is BAD so i'm gonna

make it so you can't buy them.

I also look at it like this, You SMOKE AROUND ME, I'll fucking walk away It Makes ME SICK!

and if you take offence by that, GO FUCK YOUR SELF.

There is a thing in this world it is the greatest thing that people need to learn for the world to

change. That word is TOLERANCE! Muslims in our country its all good to me

but when they come into a school and say he NO PRAYER in school because i don't

believe in YOUR god. I say if you dont want to participate then DONT!

If you come into MY COUNTRY and say the CONSTITUTION is old, outdated, and does not

apply to you because you are here for other reasons. Then I say GET THE FUCK OUT!

why come to our place where we do things our way and push your ways onto us?????

I dont go there and say hey this is what I do now change your shit! That is where

tolerance comes in, you do what you do I do what I do and everything will be fine!
Back to top Go down
cm100

cm100

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:07 pm

I agree with this to an extent. I feel that some substances... usually hard drugs being outlawed, in the respect they can't legally be sold in stores.

I feel there should be ammendments to existing laws that reforms that reduces the severity of punishment for being caught as an individual using or merely posessing small amounts of illegal substances.

But I do feel laws should be strict on large distributors of illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
ELFRACER

ELFRACER

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:24 pm

But a the same time if you wanna do the hard stuff go for it you will remove
yourself from the jean pool and take care of a lot of issues in this world all based
upon the agency of others it is a win win eventually no one would do it.
and i am not saying to sell it in a store just not Illegal.......
Back to top Go down
AlixJG

AlixJG

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 am

I used to be a smoker, and even after I quit it pissed me off Mad with how much money the government and other private company's are spending on advertizing and banning smoking EVERYWHERE. When it comes to weed and things like that, I believe that there should be a legal limit, like drinking, (don't drink and drive, don't toke and drive). Other illegal drugs like heroin, crack, etc... things that actually kill people and can put a lot of other people in danger... well, those laws make sense to an extent...

But, flavored ciggarettes and cigars?! seriously confused
People are allowed to walk around smoking USA Golds, but they can't have cloves? or even a cheap peach flavored cigar (lol)
I'm pretty sure that dosn't make any sense at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragstad.com
cm100

cm100

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:45 pm

ELFRACER wrote:
But a the same time if you wanna do the hard stuff go for it you will remove
yourself from the jean pool and take care of a lot of issues in this world all based
upon the agency of others it is a win win eventually no one would do it.
and i am not saying to sell it in a store just not Illegal.......

I disagree... many people that do "hard" drugs just seem like crack heads and make 10+ babies... if anything I think they pro-create more when they're all f***ed up. Slowly this world is digressing to...

FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes 6a00d810
Back to top Go down
ELFRACER

ELFRACER

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:48 pm

okay I will give you that one..... So we could just kill them then.....
so they wont need the drugs ..... JK JK
Back to top Go down
AlixJG

AlixJG

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 pm

BTW... Idiocracy is an amazing movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragstad.com
cm100

cm100

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:05 pm

alixjg wrote:
BTW... Idiocracy is an amazing movie Very Happy

It is but sooo many people probably wouldn't get it for obvious reasons... confused
Back to top Go down
Deonesis

Deonesis

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Hopefully this gets repealed or I wont be smoking ever again. Once I started smoking cloves I could never go back to regular cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Silvia

Sir Silvia

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I watched that movie not too long ago, it sickens me that it is probably not too long in the future.

This shit's really getting to me, not because I'm a smoker but because it's complete gov't meddling bullshit. I recently started smoking again, is it healthy? no. Do I give a shit? apparently not.

But it's my decision.

If they ban flavored cigars and what not, that's just the start of it.
People who smoke them will either do one of two things:
Quit smoking or smoke regular cigarettes.

Quitting smoking would be the smart choice.

But if you decide to switch to regular cigs, you might eventually get addicted to them.

Then what?

The FDA decides to ban all cigarettes.

Now E V E R Y O N E is fucked.

I'm not really all that addicted to cigarettes unlike some are.

When I worked at Eat'N'Park there was a server that smoked, a lot. Not like a friggen train, but if she didn't have a smoke when she needed one, she got all tweaked and bitchy. When they cut smoking out of the picture IN the restaurant and eventually in the break room. People quit working there and it killed business for sure. People used to walk out of there on night shift with a hundred dollars+ in tips each night, now some barely hit $50. When you're getting paid a server's wage of I think $2.83/hour and whatever tips, then loose all that business. It hurts everyone at once, even the servers that didn't smoke but worked the smoking section. Sales went down and couldn't employ as many people also. So even the servers that didn't work the smoking section were cut. and thus lead to less need for more cooks and dish people.

That's just an example where it wouldn't just affect smokers. I guarantee there's bigger and worse examples than that. You can see that, that's where its probably going. I quit smoking altogether, because I'm more of a social smoker. I had no place to hang out and chill with friends late at night anymore.

I do occasionally enjoy a flavored cigar every now and then when I hang at some friend's houses. To me cutting out the flavored junk is a bother. But the way the gov't and the FDA are trying to snuff out what choices we DO still have left reeeeeaalllllly gets to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes   FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes Empty

Back to top Go down

FDA Ban on Cigars & Flavored Cigarettes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DoomShare Clan Forum :: Non-Clan Related Discussion :: Political Discussion-
Jump to: